ABOUT RADICAL YOUTH
Radical Youth (RY) is the student ministry of God’s Vineyard Ministries.
RY is a Vibrant Student Led fellowship where Students are encouraged in the Faith. It is a Forum that welcomes Christians and Non-Christians from different backgrounds who desire to know more about God through the in-depth and highly interactive study of the word of God.
The AIMS & OBJECTIVES of RY are:-
- To provide a holistic support for all interested students at each University.
- To create space where issues of wellbeing and spirituality can be discussed and celebrated.
- To empower students and help them influence their universities for Christ.
- To provide support that reflects the Multi Cultural Diversity within each University.
- To offer Spiritual and Personal Support to all students at individual level.
- To offer the opportunity for Prayer, Discussion and to celebrate the Christian faith in an enabling Environment.
- To enable Students to Support each other through regular Meetings and Events.
RADICAL………. The meaning
- R – Raising a generation of Youths with a desire to know God and His Word.
- A – Alleviating the pain of the past and building the steps of the Future.
- D – Developing wholeness in the Body, Soul and Spirit.
- I – Implementing and Unfolding Gifts. Teaching and maturing skills.
- C – Constructing Unity, Embracing Diversity, Accepting Individuality.
- A – Appealing to students in Universities with a message of Love and Peace.
- L – Living in hope, Strengthened in Faith and Aspiring for Greatness.
We are Cross Cultural – Africans, British, Asians, Caribbean’s e.t.c
- We are not here to preach or talk down students or other societies, but to create an environment that brings people with common interests together.
- We also offer free Effective Leadership Trainings, workshops and conduct Seminars on Relationships, Career – (final yr students only) etc
RADICAL YOUTH DEPARTMENTS:
We have various departments for members to express their potentials:
- Radical Moves – Through the act of dancing.
- Radical Acts – Through the creativity of drama.
- Radical Voices – Through the expression of singing.
(Regular rehearsals are arranged to build on skills)